Here are some of the best things you can do to help prevent memory loss and/or prolong the healthy function of your brain.
- Anything that improves blood circulation to, within, and from the brain improves the health of individual neurons and provides the best preventative against brain disease.
- Regular exercise,
- A healthy diet,
- Staying socially active,
- Regularly expending mental effort remain the mantras for brain health – and overall health, too. Brain exercise quizzes cause immediate anatomical improvements in the brain.
- Maintaining a cheerful and positive spirit – a belief in one’s own power to continually expand, and improve
- Being of service, volunteering, has been shown to be essential too, especially later in life.
- Having faith and hope, and practicing spirituality help generate the positive outlook so important to overall brain health. After all, our mind and body form a continuum but our spirit embraces everything.
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – even though treatments, therapies, even cures for brain disease are being developed and used successfully at an astounding rate.