Here are the do’s and don’ts of brain health:
The Do's of Brain Health
- Consume Vitamin E, Carotenoids, Fatty Acids, B Vitamins and folate.
- Learning, reading, and skill-building. Anything to exert positive mental energy.
- Physical activity is shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s by 40%! So stay active, workout, run, enjoy the outdoors!
- Socialize with new people and friends. Being social and happy is so good for your brain.
The Don'ts of Brain Health
- Multitasking is never a good idea. Focusing is key for brain health.
- Never eat Trans-Fatty Acids found in fast food, some baked goods, potato chips and other junk food.
- Binge drinking causes your brain cells to build up a protective shell that also makes them less active during and after heavy drinking.
- Don’t stress! Stress releases the chemical cortisol which can damage the brain.